The Advanced Parking Guidance System assists the driver during parking and parallel parking by
displaying an image of the area behind the vehicle and controlling the steering wheel with the
vehicle in reverse.
Removing the short pin or disconnecting the battery interrupts power to the Steering Angle Sensor.
When the short pin is reinstalled or the battery terminal is reconnected, the rear view monitor will
operate, but the Steering Angle Sensor center position must be set through system initialization
before the Advanced Parking Guidance System will become operational.
Initialize the Advanced Parking Guidance System after installing the short pin during Pre-delivery
1. Start the hybrid system.
2. Move the shift lever to the “R” position to confirm
that the Advanced Parking Guidance System is
“System initializing.” appears on the rear view
monitor as shown in Figure 1.
3. Move the shift lever to the “P” position and turn the steering wheel lock to lock.
4. Move the shift lever to the “R” position.
5. When “Check surroundings for safety.” appears on the rear view monitor as shown in Figure 2, the initialization of the Advanced Parking Guidance System has been completed.
Some 2013 – 2015 model year RAV4 vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission may exhibit a condition where the shifter assembly does not operate smoothly due to deformed slide cover. The slide cover deforms when foreign substances like soda or other liquids are spilled onto the slide cover of the shifter. Follow the procedure in this bulletin to address this condition.
1. Inspect the vehicle for the following conditions:
• Damaged Slide Cover due to deformation or distortion.
• Difficult to move shifter due to interference (binding) of the Slide Cover (as shown in
Here are the three parts in question (refer to bulletin):
• 35975-0R030 – Slide Cover – For Position Indicator # 1
• 35976-0R030 – Slide Cover # 2
• 35971-0R010 – Position Indicator Housing # 3
Some 2012 – 2013 model year Sequoia and Tundra vehicles quipped with 3UR engines may exhibit a MIL “ON” condition with the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs):
• P2440: Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Open Bank 1
• P2442: Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Open Bank 2
This condition may be caused by debris/ice in the air switching valve assembly. The Engine Control Module/ECM (SAE term: Powertrain Control Module/PCM) logic has been changed to reduce the
possibility of this condition occurring. Use the following procedure to reprogram the ECM (PCM).
Click Here to view the rest of this bulletin